Friday, March 11, 2016

Maple Trees Starting To Form Flower Buds

I saw today that one of my maple trees has started to form flower buds.  I pulled the sap taps and set the sap to boiling.  I didn't get a lot of sap but I hope to have enough for a couple pancakes at least.  I had about 2 gallons of sap.  Not all of it fit in the pot at first so I boiled some down before adding the rest. I'm boiling the sap in my new, top of the line, orange Lodge enameled cast iron cookware that I got for Christmas.  I love my new orange pot and I use it all the time for soup, making cheese, or anything that needs sauteing before baking.  I just don't know how I got along without the new pan.  The house feels a little humid right now.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...