Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Artemis Fowl

While on vacation for three weeks I had some spare time on my hands so I read a few books.  I found Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer on a book shelf at Offspring #1's home.  At his house the book shelf is very organized.  The lowest shelf is tightly packed with indestructible children books.  The second shelf also has children's books but these are not indestructible.  The books on the second shelf are packed in so tight that a child can't get them out.  But if she asks Grandma to read one to her, Grandma can't help but do it.  This book was far from the bottom two shelves and I read it in a couple hours.  I had heard of it but never picked it up before.  This was a real treat to read.  Artemis is a 12 year old villain.  He wants to steal gold and will go to great lengths to do it.  But in the end a negotiation is made with this 12 year old genius that surprisingly makes me question, "Is he really a criminal or just a hurting 12 year old boy?"  Great story. 

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...