Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What Was I Doing On This Day Nine Years Ago?

Normally I would have no idea what I was doing nine years ago but, thanks to Facebook reminders, I know now that I was having a really, super great day nine years ago today.
On this day in 2009 I was in a rubber raft with my friend, her son, and his chocolate lab, Harley.  We left Estes Park in the morning, drove over the mountain, unloaded the raft, and moved a truck to where we were going to pull out.  We took two vehicles.  I rode with Harley.  Harley sat with me in the raft.  Harley was an experienced rafter on the Colorado River. After awhile I noticed that when the sides of the river were steep, the water would go faster and Harley would wedge himself under my legs.  When the sides of the river were flatter, the river would go slowly and the dog would stretch out and relax.  I enjoyed every minute of this 5 hour river raft trip but the rapids were the best.  My friend caught this photo of me in the middle of a joyous "yooo hoooo!"  The day was warm and sunny but the water was cold enough to numb my legs in mere seconds.
 
I love white water rafting.  I never knew that before this trip.  I was so lucky to get a guided tour like I did.  I should make plans to go again.

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...