Saturday, September 10, 2016

Sad Moment This Morning


Today was a good day for the most part.  I got many things checked off my mental "to do" list.  But this morning, as I plugged in my coffee pot, I heard a collision.  I looked up to see white feathers exploding off my patio door.  Oh, oh, not a good sign.  There I found a greenish yellow bird with black wings and a white eye ring in the death throes.  Oh, poor thing, it must have mistaken the reflection of the trees off the patio door for more forest.  I don't know what kind of bird it was.  It seemed a little large for a warbler.  I have a bird-safe emblem on one patio door and a glass mosiac on the other. This poor baby must have been flying low.  My darn house was in the way of it's migration.  So sad.

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...