Thursday, September 1, 2016

Those Old Tricks Are Slowly Coming Back

Granddaughter and I had an evening together.  First thing on the agenda was to don a fedora and go for a walk looking for Bow Wows.  We found some.

Then it was time for supper.  She got all she wanted of red cabbage, gnocchi, ricotta, Italian cheese, and tiny pears.  Eventually I had to hide the cheese because, well, it's amazing how much she likes cheese.

Time for a bath before bed.  It is extremely funny to hear Grandma say, "Ahhh!" whenever she gets splashed.
For the past 3 weeks I have spent time with my granddaughter.  I have tried to keep her entertained.  She loves books and swinging on her swing and playing with her toys.  Long car rides can be tough.  She loves my pig key chain so I will leave that here. She is much better at tolerating meals at restaurants.  Frankly, I forgot some of my old tricks that are just now coming back to me.  Songs like, "How Much Is That Doggie In the Window," "Rock a Bye a Baby, Mommy is a Lady, Daddy is a Gentleman and Eva is the Baby," and "Where is Thumbkin?" I remembered.  It wasn't until today that I finally remembered that old classic, "Bumblebee Bumblebee Coming From the Barn!"  She loved it!

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...