Sunday, September 4, 2016

Smokey!

Today Offspring #2 and I volunteered to be Smokey the Bear at the Minnesota State Fair.  And from that experience I suffer from emotional whiplash again.  I go from unknown random old person to Nature's rock star band back again to random old person. It's hard for an ego to take.  One moment kids run to you as your extend your arms for a hug. I can feel their little hearts beating beneath my paws; knowing I have made their day.  When my hour is up I remove my jeans, fur and hat and no one cares if they see me or not.  I can go from unknown to rock star quickly but the transition back to unknown is harder for me to take.  Despite the whiplash, that hour being a bear is one awesome hour.  Was I soaked to the skin in my own sweat?  Yes, yes I was but no matter.  For one hour I was famous!  Loved it!

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...