Friday, September 2, 2016

Sicilian Baby Food

Horse

Sheep

Bunny rabbit

One one of my last days is Sicily we went to a toy store. I bought a couple things.  I mean, really, a chance to buy my grandchild a gift and to spend my Euro's before I leave? I bought her a set of bow bows (plastic dogs and cats - her current obsession) and a toy broom, mop and bucket.  And then we went to the grocery store that is in the mall.  I forgot how hard it is to shop with a tiny tike along. Whew!  But this baby food? I'm not judging.  I am a vegetarian but I realize meat is good for humans to consume.  But in the US you can not find horse or bunny on the menu.  Horse was typically reserved for the really poor people. In Italy horse is on the menus.  I saw horse steaks and horse meat balls.  Horse is not for poor people. Horses are raised for their meat and it is a good source of protein.  I'll stick to my beans and vegetables.  I fed my kids meat and I'm glad I did during their growing years.

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...