Thursday, September 8, 2016

Didn't Mean For That To Happen But Happy That It Did

When we stayed in Rome we stayed at the Albergo del sole Al Biscione Hotel which is one of the oldest hotels in Rome.  We got a good deal and it was only a five minute walk to the Pantheon and a 30 second walk to a plaza where fresh fruit and vegetables were sold every day. In fact, on our last day in Rome, I said, "I'll be right back," and comfortably walked, by myself, to the piazza to buy some souvenirs.  As I did that I was impressed with my comfort level.  Go, me!  Five days in Rome will do that to you.  I passed by the "David" bobble heads which, although is my nephew's name, would have been a totally inappropriate gift for an aunt to buy.  I passed by the Jesus bobble heads, the David boxer shorts, and the Pope Francis bobble heads to buy a couple Pope Francis calendars.  This is the hotel where I felt the earthquake shake my world.  I will never forget that 3:40 a.m. moment.  Never.  Now that I am back, more and more people are coming forward saying, "I thought about you when I heard about that earthquake and I hoped you were OK." I am touched.  Is this a sign of how much I am loved as the wonderful person that I am or is it a sign of how much I bragged about my trip before I went?  In either case, I'm touched. 

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...