Friday, September 23, 2016

Love Story


I see you from twenty feet away at the grocery store and I stumble toward you heedless of the other shoppers.  You sit in a slanted box. I reach for a plastic bag and select six of the best looking ones and put them in my bag. I’d like to take more but I know I should pace myself.  I see others like you.  Some have whiter flesh, a flatter shape, and are cheaper but I don't buy them.  I buy you and you alone. When I get home I gently transfer each one of you into a wire basket.  You taste best at room temperature.  After supper I select you from the top and rinse you gently under the tap. I hold your golden deliciousness up to my nose and inhale.  Golly, this smell is so freaking good.  I rub my fingers against your furry skin and hold you up to admire your shape.  You are so round and firm! Some people think you look like an ass but I don’t.  You are a perfect roundness; firm but not hard.  I slice you in half with my knife and remove your stone.  I slice you into pieces.  You taste so delicious my mouth floods with saliva.  I lick your juice off my fingers.  I enjoy my fruit orgasm.  I can hardly wait until my next meal.  Why do I love you so much?  Is it because you only come around this time of year and I am facing 11 months without you? I love you so much I could eat you up. 
 
Ode to Colorado Peaches!
 
 

No comments:

Fair Hills

The MN Master Naturalist convention is partnering with the Detroit Lakes bird festival this year so we all met at the Fair Hills Resort on P...