Sunday, April 16, 2017

Finished!

I started this baby blanket in early January.  I was determined to get it done before I saw the new baby.  Last time i knitted a baby blanket I was casting off the last stitches while in the hospital sitting in the maternity waiting room.  This time my plan was finish one skein a month.

By February I had two skeins complete so I thought I was way ahead.

My pace slowed down in March but now it is done.  I may have overdone it.  I tend to overdo things sometimes. This baby blanket is big. I believe it could cover a dozen babies.  This blanket is so big that if this baby grows to a tall height of six foot two inches, the blanket will still cover them up to the chin. And it's not perfect. I dropped a few stitches.  The knitting isn't completely even.  It's full of mistakes.  But that is acceptable because I am the kind of Grandma who is used to making mistakes, adjusting my course and moving on.  I'd rather be that kind of Grandma than the kind who knits a perfect blanket.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...