Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Romanian Easter Bread

A friend of mine gave me a piece on authentic Romanian Easter bread.  This delicious dessert has rolled layers of dark dough and light dough.  The dark dough has cocoa and nuts and sugar and flour. The light layer has flower and eggs and lots of lemon zest.  The combination of layers is as beautiful as it is delicious.  Tradition says that if you make a wish as you eat your Romanian Easter bread, your wish will come true in the coming year. I made a wish.  I could have wished for magnanimous things such as ending world hunger or stopping global warming or peace on earth.  Peace on earth would have been a good one.  I wished for something totally selfish.  So if you hear that a certain actor is moving to Minnesota to settle, you will know that that was one hell of an effective piece of Romanian Easter Bread.  Which actor?  (Rhymes with Bonnie Koep). I don't want to say.  He's way too young for me.  Out of my league.  Probably high maintenance too. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...