Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Most Wanted List

This chicken is still a fugitive.  I've laid one hand on her three times but never both hands.  I've never had this much trouble catching or guiding a chicken before. It's hard when she roosts in the spruce tree.  The branches cover her and I keep missing even though I have twigs in my hair and on my back.  Frankly, I am getting a little tired of chasing this chicken.  She doesn't even know where home is. She keeps hanging around the nasty spot where the coop used to be not knowing that I moved the coop to the east side of the house.  She never goes east.  West and north seem to be her favorite directions.  Today I got a text from a panicked neighbor who spied her in the driveway. The neighbor approached her and could tell right away this chicken wasn't having any of that.  I won't get home until late tonight so I'm banking on the effect total darkness has had on my other chickens.  The other chickens become oblivious in the dark.  I could dress them in spandex and video them and they would never even know.  My plan is to nab her tonight and put her in the coop with the other gals where she can have plenty of food and fresh water.  My neighbors said they would help me tonight.  I don't know.  If this doesn't work, I will be in the market for a extra long fishing net.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Oh Sue, only you have the best chicken stories! lol
We got back to MN on April 3rd. Been at our Ham Lake house all last week but went to the camper to clean up the mice droppings mess all over in each room. Never in the 14 years we've been at the campground have we had so many droppings. ISH ISH Don can't figure out how they are getting in because we've plug everyplace imaginable. Guess they've out smarted us. I had 8 traps set and not a one snapped. Still loaded with peanut butter. We had 4 floating in the bucket of antifreeze set in the kitchen and 1 in the bucket in the backroom. Don rigged a plastic water bottle with a stick through each end and smeared peanut butter all over the bottles and even set a cheese puff on each bottle. 3 buckets in all. In the porch, back room and kitchen area. Dang mice! We were told if there are an over abundance of acorns, more mice will appear. Well we certainly had an over abundance of acorns last season. They are slippery to walk on and lose your balance. I wobbled once but didn't fall down thankfully! It's great being back with our family. I'm in the process of getting a background check completed and my annual training done so I can get back in the grove of working for St. David's again this summer. Yay I'll be employed again! Take care, maybe I'll see you someday I have to pick up one of the guys at Achieve. OR we could make a lunch date!!!!!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...