Friday, April 14, 2017

The Little Paris Bookshop

A good book will take you away and I traveled to France while I read The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George.  I traveled on a boat that doubled as a literary apothecary as it traveled from Paris, down rivers, through various canals until it reached the sea.  The book seller, Jean Perdu said that each book is written for one person.  When a customer comes in he can read their emotional needs and prescribe a book.  Having a book drug store sounds like a lovely idea to me and it takes me some times to realize that Jean (sounds like John) Perdu is a ghost of a man.  His heart was broken and he punishes himself without mercy.  Healing begins the day he unties his library boat but like a deep infection, healing can be very painful.  I totally loved reading this story by a German author who now lives in France.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...