Monday, July 29, 2019

Admission

I have been trying very hard to get rid of stuff I don't need. I take car load after car load of stuff to Savers, to Goodwill, to Half Price Books, to Bridging (a non-profit that accepts furniture and other goods), and to those drop off places at local stores to benefit Veterans. I got rid of a couch, a bunch of bar stools, many pictures and picture frames, many books, many cups and glasses, coats, pants, shirts, dresses, shoes and boots. I thought I was doing pretty good. This Sunday I was looking around right before I took out the trash for something else to throw or donate. I went into my closet in the lower level (we call it the confessional because it has an arched door way) and, to my dismay, I found an entire large box of dishes that were never unpacked when we moved here thirty years ago! Seriously? I have to face it. I have hoarder tendencies. The first step to recovery is admitting the problem. These dishes are going to Savers ASAP!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I had two sets of similar dishes

Sue said...

LOL! Grandma Stenger had dishes like that.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...