Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Geese Are Indecisive

This morning I drove my bike to work. I took Coon Rapids Boulevard. As I came up to Mercy Hospital the traffic slowed suddenly. I braked too. A flock of forty geese decided to cross all the lanes of traffic. Cars waited in all four lanes. Then just as some of the geese reach the far side, they decide that no, the other side was better and head back toward the hospital. Seriously? Waiting for these forty geese to make up their minds could take all day. And another thing, why cross during rush hour?  How about crossing earlier in the day before people are trying to get to work?  Or fly across?  Why not fly across the road?  Maybe these are juveniles who don't know how to fly yet, I am not sure. I was just glad to get past them without striking any or having any strike me. Geese can be vicious. I don't want a goose chasing me down Coon Rapids Boulevard, thank you very much.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...