Monday, July 8, 2019

When Crickets Cry

I read about Charles Martin's book When Crickets Cry in the newspaper. The person who wrote the review loved the story. This is a very popular book. The waiting list at the library was a mile long so I didn't expect to see it anytime soon.  Much to my surprise it was waiting for me at the library last week on Wednesday. I got an inter-library loan. This book was from the Dakota County library. I thought I had better read it right away so the next person could get a chance. I took the book camping over the weekend and was super careful that it didn't get wet. I really didn't like it though. The story was contrived and just a little too "Nicholas Sparksy" for me. I finished the book though while grimacing at the obvious pulls at my heart strings.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...