Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Side Effects of Bird Watching

I had a busy day today. I was too busy to even take my morning walk by the lake. I ended up spending a full eight and a half hour day without breathing a breath of fresh air or feeling the sun warm my skin. So once i got off work the fresh air could begin. As I collected my eggs from the chickens the tree wren talked to me from the crab apple tree. I looked at it talking and soon another tree wren in the very same tree started talking too. As I watered the plants on my deck the barred owl (perhaps the same one I saw last night?) started calling. Blue jays are yelling now. A hummingbird flashed the ruby throat at me before it went under the deck and levitated on the far side of the hummingbird feeder. Maybe he didn't want me to see it but I watched as he perched in the oak tree to rest and flap his wings a few times. Watching birds has a side effect of putting all the issues of the day aside for a few minutes and focus on the beauty at hand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I just came across your blog while randomly looking around the internet and I find it amazing and great that you have posted everyday for over 10 years as far as I can tell and I don't know how much attention your blog gets seeing that there are no comments on your posts (with all due respect.) just wanted to let you know that I found you randomly and say hi and props to you for being so dedicated, It honestly amazes me. have a wonderful day:)

Sue said...

Thank you very much! How nice! You have a wonderful day too!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...