Sunday, July 14, 2019

Moving Lime Stones

I wrote out a dozen things to do this weekend. Digging up these lime stones was not on the list. So naturally, after spending a sweaty hour at the task, I added it to the list and checked it off. These lime stones were there when I moved in and some of them had sunk to ten inches below the surface. Many bugs and worms and roots were displaced. I put some of the lower rocks on top dirty side up so the storm that is brewing today can wash them clean. I think they look better than they did before I started. Plus I got quite a few buck thorn, crab apple, elm, oak, red cedar and maple trees pulled out in the process.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...