Tuesday, July 2, 2019

First Frost

I got lucky when I picked up Sarah Allen's book First Frost. I have been spending more time reading books lately for some reason. I spent two weeks trying to read Theodore Roosevelt For the Defense by Dan Abrams. I finally gave up on that one after day after day spent in the courtroom.  All the legal contention was  wearing me  down so I gave it up. This book was a breath of fresh air after that. This book is about a pair of sisters with the last name of Waverly. Claire and Sydney have a close relationship. One is a cook and the other is a hairdresser. The family and friendship relationships are charming. If I had one complaint it would be this. The book talks about a famous family recipe for fig and pepper bread. The sisters both claim  to be the fig and the  other sister to be the  pepper. At the end of the book is the recipe for fig and pepper bread. None of the ingredients in the recipe is pepper. How did the editor miss that error?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...