Thursday, August 1, 2019

Tree?


    
Last night I went out to check on my chickens at their new location. They had spilled the water dish again!    

On my way back to the house through the back yard I saw these pods on the mulch to the right of my pond.

So what kind of tree is this? A locust? Those leaves in the right lower corner are basswood.

I always thought this was a black walnut tree. When I cut the tree down I thought it was a black walnut. As the shoots came up I tried to braid them to make them look interesting, OMG. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't even know the tree in my back yard that I have been looking at all these years.



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...