Saturday, August 3, 2019

Big Green Table

In my effort to live a simpler life I have been getting rid of stuff around the house and garage that I can live without. Take this extra large work table, for example, I didn't really need this. I have used it but I didn't really need it. One fall I used it an entire afternoon cracking black walnuts open. This table was two yards long and one yard tall and heavy as all get out. I got the idea that a certain young cousin of mine might want it because he has a big garage and works on motors. I sent him a facebook message with four photos and he immediately calls me. He wants to come over and pick it up. So I drop what I am doing and remove all the stuff from the table and put it in other places. I dust it off and wipe off all the spider webs. I move my car out of the garage and drag that heavy table out to the driveway. Soon enough I hear him rattle up the road in his huge pick up truck with a trailer. He was cutting grass for someone this morning. We load that table onto the back of the trailer and he ties it down with straps. Away the table goes on down the road. He sent me a picture. The table is tucked up next to his garage under the overhang. He tells me it fits perfectly. Thank you for your service green table. Sayonara!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...