Friday, August 2, 2019

Prohibition Barbershop

Last night I went to a literary meeting at the Prohibition Barbershop in NE Minneapolis. This is a place where you can get a haircut and drink a beer at the same time. Some people I know were reading the work that they wrote. The place was jam packed full of people. I had to stand the entire time except when I went to the restroom which is where I took this photo. 

The crowd was neurodiverse and positive. After every reading people clapped in appreciation. The entire neighborhood was crowded because it was the first Thursday of the month and many artist studios have open houses on the first Thursday of the month. I can't see myself ever getting a haircut here but I thought it was very nice of them to host this event for the Cow Tipping Press.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...