Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Cucumber

Last Friday a person at work set down a big bag of gigantic cucumbers on the break room table. I took one home. For some reason I decided to cut it in thirds, drill a piece of purple yard through it lengthwise, and suspend the cucumber from the top of the chicken run. Chickenson Caruso was on it immediately. She pecked at that cucumber and got a good piece out of the cut end. She moved her head back and forth as it swung. That cucumber kept those chickens entertained like a tetherball on a playground for at least one hour. Now I am glad I did that. Chickenson had some entertainment with a tasty treat before she passed on.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...