Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Steam Power

A cousin sent me this picture today. My grandfather is on this steam threshing machine. During the depression he was smart enough to diversify his income by purchasing this machine. He threshed the grain on other farms besides his own thereby keeping his farm from being taken by the bank. Except for babysitting jobs before I was 16 years old I have always worked for a salary and benefits like insurance and retirement funds. I never wanted my own business because I thought it would be difficult to quit. I also fear failing at running a business. I admire others who own their own businesses or farms though.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...