Friday, August 30, 2019

Erotic Stories For Punjabi Widows

I was a little embarrassed to read Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kuar Jaswal at work. I was worried my coworkers would think I was reading erotic literature because, well, the word erotic is in the title. But this isn't one of those slutty bodice ripper books. This is a story about a young Punjabi woman, in her twenties, who is a little bit lost career wise. She gets hired to teach widows how to read and write. Nikki is her name and she doesn't exactly teach the widows how to read and write but in the process she helps a great number of widows. The widows help her find a path in life that is better than the one she was on before. I am sorry to miss the discussion of this book next month because I am sure it will be a lively meeting.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...