Wednesday, August 28, 2019

The River

I would not recommend listening to Peter Heller's book, The River, while driving. This novel is distracting. Last night I parked in my garage and I realized my heart was pounding and I was breathing heavy because I was so excited about the adventure of Winn and Jack; two young men who love the outdoors. These two college students decide to make a late summer canoe paddle in northern Canada and come at the Hudson Bay. Jack is cautious and a little paranoid about danger. Wynn is fearless and very trusting. Their journey is complicated by a major wild fire in the Canadian forest and by some less than savory characters they meet along the way. The last couple of chapters go by at a furious pace which is why I recommend you not be driving when you hear this story.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...