Sunday, September 26, 2021

Looking Up

Today I went to Hawk Ridge in Duluth to get trained as a volunteer. In my first five minutes there I saw city police, county sheriff and college police drive by. I guess they heard gunshots before I came. Also some terribly bored person started a fire last night in the visitor's porta potty. Gross! Here are a couple sharp shinned hawks about to get released. Part of my duties might include carrying the hawks from the banding area to the releasing area. The hawks get carried in a can. These two hawks were carried in separate Pringles cans. They let the smaller male leave first so he had a head start because the female might eat him.

Today was a southern wind again. I was happy to hear volunteers are allowed to wear their binoculars.





What a great place to volunteer. I love this "office." After this I went on a mushroom hike.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...