Thursday, September 16, 2021

Wild Rose Hip Coconut Oil

 Ingredients: rose hips that you picked from a trail near you, coconut oil

Method: Wash your wild rose hips with clean water. If you are using fresh rose hips, pull the stems out. Pull the black doohickeys at the bottom of the rose off. While the rose hips are drying on a clean towel, heat water to boiling on a stove. When the water is hot, fill your thermos with hot water. I used a plastic thermos that holds 8 cups of water and is emblazoned with the Marlboro label which I covered up with stickers because I don't like Marlboro's anymore. I let the hot water stay in the thermos for 15 minutes and then I used that very hot water to wash my dishes. Using a clean glass jar, fill the jar one third of the way up with your clean and dry wild rose hips. I used a 1 cup glass jar so I used one third cup of wild rosehips. Fill your jar to the top with melted coconut oil on top of the wild rose hips. Put your jar of wild rose hips and coconut oil into your warm and empty thermos for 12 hours. Remove the jar from the thermos. Label your jar. Store your jar of wild rose hip coconut oil in a dark place or cover the jar with cloth to keep the sunlight out. If you have extra rose hips, set them on a cookie sheet and cover them with a clean towel to dry for a few days. The stems and black flower bits will come off much easier once the wild rose hips are dried. You can use the rose hips for tea or jelly or many other things.

Apply wild rose hip coconut oil to your skin as needed or preferred. Don't use this coconut oil for cooking purposes or use it internally.



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...