Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Boomwhacker

 


Tonight I took a Boomwhacker class at a local middle school which is the home of the Huskies. I think back to when I moved to this town and saw so many dog signs stuck in the very deep snow. I saw husky signs and greyhound signs and I thought people in Duluth must love dogs. Now I know the dogs are the mascots of area schools. And since the kids couldn't go to school, the school game them a sign to stick in the snow instead. My rhythm class was one hour long. I was one of four students and our teacher was wonderful. I am not going to buy a set of boomwhackers because they are plastic but I do think they are fun. Whacking plastic against a table, a chair, my head, my neck, my earrings, my nose, my neck, my shoulders, my entire outline was a fun and pleasurable experience. My left foot sounds different than my right foot. One of us would play a series of 8 notes and the rest of us would copy them. I played "Shave and a haircut, two bits." Our teacher must have been younger than us because we could all remember Mitch Miller and she couldn't. I asked if it was safe to boomwhack in the car. She said I could boomwhack safely only at red lights and while waiting for trains. The hour went by in about 5 minutes. 


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...