Saturday, September 25, 2021

Morgan

 

Today I met a person named Morgan. No, not Morgan Freeman (though I would like to meet Morgan Freeman) and not J.P. Morgan. This Morgan had Morgan as a first name and his middle and last name also started with the letter M, giving him the initials MMM. Both his father and his grandfather also have the initials MMM. This Morgan was mmm good! This Morgan was 5 months old and as bald as a cue ball. This Morgan didn't have any teeth yet. This Morgan had blue eyes and his attention was drawn to loud men talking about four wheelers and hunting and football. This Morgan was alert and curious. This Morgan doesn't sleep through the night yet because he gets hungry. This Morgan is plump and he doesn't look like he ever goes hungry. This Morgan was wearing a Yoda shirt, blue jeans with pockets and purple Converse sneakers. I got to hold this Morgan for a good half hour which I loved. I love holding babies. I love feeling them squirm and stretch in my arms. I love how his heavy head bobs on his neck sometimes. I love how his little fingers pawed at my hands and tried to adjust my collar. I love how his grandma and grandpa can make him smile and giggle. I really wanted to squeeze him and kiss him and hold his little hands but I didn't because we are only distantly related and there is a pandemic on right now. Morgan was such a content and friendly little man. If all goes well he is set to graduate from high school in 2038. After 30 minutes of holding 20 pound Morgan my arms were tired but I didn't give him up until his mother asked for him back. What does the future hold for Morgan? Will Morgan play the organ? Will Morgan play in Morgan Park? Will Morgan park his Morgan three wheeler in Morgan Park? Will Morgan work for Morgan Stanley? Will Morgan attend college at Morgan State University and graduate in 2042? Unlike a lot of 5 months old on this planet, Morgan looks like he has a great start in life.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...