Saturday, September 25, 2021

The Soul Of A Woman

 I already was a big fan of the Chilean writer Isabel Allende so that is why I borrowed the audiobook of The Soul Of A Woman. After reading this book I am a bigger fan of Isabel Allende. Next I want to read her book about her daughter, Paula, who died in  Isabel's arms at age 29. Isabel says she became a feminist in kindergarten when her father left the family leaving her mother to fend with three small children by herself. Isabel and I agree on just about everything in this world. Isabel now lives in California. She runs a foundation for women's rights with the royalties collected when her book about Paula was published. She wanted to keep her daughter alive and in this world in some way and this was her way of doing that for Paula. 


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...