Saturday, May 13, 2023

Farmer's Market

 

Today the city opened the non-paved trails to traffic again. In the spring the dirt trails are closed because boots and bike tires ruin the trail while the soil thaws. I decided to walk six blocks east to the Farmer's Market. Here is my view from the sidewalk. I have to descend 29 steps to get to the trail that runs along Chester Creek. Once I am down to 4th Street, I walk on the sidewalk past the Burrito Union to 3rd Street and that is where the market is.

When I got there I talked to the Master Gardeners for a time. I got a free tote bag from the Farmer's Market. And I bought some sheep cheese. I told the farmer I was going to make Spanakopita. He had never heard of it. I used the recipe from the New York Times website.  Opa! It was delicious. Plus now I am strong like Popeye.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...