Thursday, May 11, 2023

Trial Run

This morning I had my trial run of my new Lectric bike. I biked 1.3 miles uphill to my classes. I have yet to install the front and rear accessories to the bike but I can do that on a rainy day. I had a hard time figuring out how to charge the battery. I finally figured that out by lying on the dirty cellar floor and looking at the undercarriage of the bike. Usually it takes me 20 to 25 minutes to get to class but I got there in 5 minutes even though I took the long way. I parked it about 10:30 a.m. When I left after 4 p.m. I did not go straight home. I recalled my trips on the motorcycle when I told myself I am only going to Elk River and then coming home and soon enough I would find myself in Monticello and even Saint Cloud. I love the open road. One advantage to the motorcycle is that I can use the entire lane to avoid the pot holes. On a bicycle I have to stick to the side of the road. I suffered some severe bouncing today. I look forward to my next trip. Rain is forecast for tomorrow so the next ride is up in the air. I am happy the trial run went well. I took a detour on the way home down a bike path along Tischer Creek so I think I put 5 miles on the bike.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...