Monday, May 22, 2023

Traveling Through Spring

On Easter I flew to Pennsylvania. I parked my car on a pile of snow in the parking lot here in Duluth. In Pennsylvania the trees were leafed out and the daffodils were past their peak. When I returned to Duluth after 3 nights my car was parked on asphalt and all the snow under the car had melted. Snow remained in most yards though. Last week on Friday I left Duluth. Tree buds were swollen but no leaves were present. When I arrived in Chanhassen the tulips were abundant. Most trees had full leaves on them. Lilacs were in bloom. Crabapples were at peak and the sidewalks were littered with pink and white apple blossoms. Lawns were mown. The arboretum was like fairly land because it was so beautiful. When I left on Sunday afternoon the temperature was 83 degrees. I traveled through Saint Paul and by 4 p.m. the temperature was 81 degrees. The temperature remained at 81 degrees until less than 4 miles before Hinkley. In Hinkley the temperature was 61 degrees. The farther I went north east the smaller the leaves were on the trees. In Duluth the temperature at 6:30 was 51 degrees. With all my travels I am having multiple spring experiences which is fine with me because spring is my favorite season.

Wild ginger is pollinated by ants which is why the blossom is down where the ants can reach them

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...