Saturday, May 27, 2023

Twelve Miles

 

I asked the ESL teacher that I work with where to bike in Duluth that is not so bumpy. I have been getting headaches from my brain banging against my skull on the bumpy roads here. He suggested the Carlton road, known by most as the Munger Trail. Yesterday I parked near the Munger Inn and rode 6 miles toward Carlton and then six miles back. This is where the six mile ride ended.

Trilliums were in abundance. Sometimes the trail went between rock cliffs. Yellow trout lilies bloomed beside the trail. I heard chestnut sided warblers and white throated sparrows singing. A red fox crossed the trail ahead of me. I really enjoyed riding away from the danger of automobiles. The air was fresh and pine scented.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...