Sunday, May 21, 2023

Mission Accomplished


 In 2021 I made a goal to volunteer 500 hours as a master naturalist in order to receive the presidential volunteer service award that includes a letter from the President. I accomplished my goal and yesterday I got my letter and the pin. I worked hard for that award. Nearly half of the hours were spent at Schoolcraft State Park where I got SO MANY mosquito bites and removed so may wood ticks from my clothing. Ten percent of the hours were spent at Hawk Ridge and that was totally fun because I enjoy talking with people. Plus carrying a hawk up the hill from the banding area to the public display area is so thrilling my heart was pounding in my chest. I am happy that I accomplished my goal. Now I wonder if I will do it again next year.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...