Sunday, December 21, 2008

Call Me A Pagan

Call me a pagan if you want but I celebrate the winter solstice. I am not alone in celebrating as shown on this BBC picture to the right. We are literally at the bottom of the celestial barrel and the days will only get longer from this point on. Minute by minute, the sun will stay up longer. Last night offspring #2 and I were shoveling the driveway and I thought about having Monday off work. I'm at the point where I have to take the days off before the end of the year or loose the time. As we shoveled, the snow quit snowing and we could feel the temperature plummet. While engaged in the mindless removal of frozen precipitation, I had time to think. Why, oh why, didn't I take more time off in the summer when I could ride my motorcycle and enjoy the longer days?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...