Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Day With My Mates

A day with my mates means a day with my friends ending up at the British Advertising Award show at the Walker. The top prize went to a commercial for Cadbury chocolate featuring a gorilla playing drums. These commercials are always entertaining although sometimes the content seems unrelated to the product being sold. Volkswagon Golf had several good commercials. We saw several public service announcements that were good. The most disturbing public service announcement featured a slow motion shot of a bullet piercing many consecutive objects including an apple, a watermelon, a bottle of ketchup, and a bottle of water. The last object to appear was a boy's head and the bullet moved toward his head and I had to cover my eyes. The bullet stopped in mid air and the screen showed the name of a gun safety website. Prior to the show at the Walker we had dinner at KinDhu - a Vietnamese restaurant that has the best kung pau mock duck. Prior to that we saw a play and had lunch at the Seasons Restaurant. The play was "Casting Christmas," and was set, believe it or not, at the Parkers Prairie High School Auditorium. The play was funny at times and corny at other times but the food was good and the company was excellent. I had a great day with my mates.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...