Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Conversation


Me (out loud): Hi, I have a question. How much would it cost to buy a card for swimming laps?
She: Not to make an assumption,
Me (not out loud): But I bet you will. Much like people who say, "I don't mean to be rude" and then are rude. Or people who say, "Not to be argumentative" and then are argumentative.
She: Because I don't make assumptions about people, but you are a senior?
Me (out loud): No.
Me (not out loud): Listen girlie, I'm more than a decade away from being a senior, thank you very much.
She: Because you can save money on a card if you are a senior. You get a discount.
Me (out loud): No.
Me (not out loud): So, not only do you think I'm a senior, you think I'm a vain senior who is too proud to take the discount! Someday wrinkles will happen to you too.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...