Thursday, December 25, 2008

I'm A Baking Fool


I'm not quite sure why I am baking all these sweet treats but I'm at it again. Two loaves of cranberry nut bread are in the oven right now.
Cranberry Nut Bread
Ingredients: 2 cups flour, 2 cup sugar, 1 tsp. salt, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 egg, 1/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup orange juice, 1 TB grated orange rind, 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries (whole), 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Using two knives, cut in butter until the batter has pea sized hunks of butter. In a separate bowl, beat together egg, orange juice and orange rind. Add at once to batter and mix until flour is worked in. Add cranberries and nuts. Put in a greased and floured bread pan. Bake for 65 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...