Thursday, January 15, 2009

111,171


Today was a day that tested all machinery. The air was too cold to take in a deep breath. I think the high was 4 below. Several people started their vehicles at intervals throughout the day. Others asked for "jumps" because their car batteries were too weak to start the engine. As I popped into my little civic and started it up, I was grateful for my sturdy little car. The mileage today had lots of ones in it. Five out of the six numbers were ones. Today I realized how grateful I am for my resilient little car. I've taken it to the Atlantic coast twice and the Pacific coast once. It's always started when I turn the ignition. So far I've had the brakes done once and put on one set of new tires. Except for a little trouble with the driver's door lock, nothing, absolutely nothing, has gone wrong with it. I've kept up on the recommended maintenance. I wash it once in a while. I've never had a car this reliable. I never had a Honda before.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...