Tuesday, January 6, 2009

THINK

I am getting my calendar ready for the new year. I have moved all my meetings over. I put my business card holder in the new calendar. And every year for the past 3 years or so, I write think on the inside cover as an acronym for these words; thoughtful, helpful, intelligent, necessary, and kind. I use think in two ways. If I am not sure if I should say something, I use it as a decision tool. If my comment has all five qualities, it's worth saying. The other way I use it is after I've put my foot in my mouth. Then think is another decision tool as to why I should have kept my mouth shut. So far I've found that my comments are usually thoughtful and intelligent but not always helpful, necessary or kind.

1 comment:

Kathleen Riley said...

I love that. I'll be sharing too.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...