Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fast Food On Highway Ten


Coming home tonight I was westbound on Highway 10, just approaching the Lowe's Hardware store off Main Street when I spotted drama in my peripheral vision. A large bird, possibly a hawk, much larger than a blue jay anyway and brown and grey in color, swooped down with feet extended and landed on something in the snow. Dinner perhaps? It's hard to see when you're traveling over 60 miles per hour. If I was the passenger I could have seen the scene more clearly.

1 comment:

Balou said...

I too had a similar experience today. I saw a bald eagle on the side of the road cleaning up a cat that had been hit on the road. It's so cool to see them up close like that - can appreciate their size. All cars drove by very slow thank goodness.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...