Friday, January 9, 2009

Rise And Shine

If you're looking for something quick and easy to read, this is the book for you. I laughed aloud in the first paragraph when the author described those who "wore the dirndl skirts and dangley earrings of a socially conscious woman of a certain age." I was wearing a skirt and dangley earrings when I read that line. My skirt was cotton. I actually don't know what dirndl means. The story is a tale of two sisters and I always enjoy fiction about family relationships. Rise And Shine is the name of a fictional television morning news program and one of the sisters is the star of the show. The other sister seems to be forever in her shadow, never quite measuring up. Whether one sister measures up to the other one all depends on the angle you choose to take. I identified more with the younger sister; the one with the dangley earrings.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...