Sunday, January 25, 2009

Longing For Summer

Now that the worst of winter is about over, it is time for me to look forward to summer and doing the things I do in summer. I'd like to get back on that motorcycle. I'd like to put the swing back on my deck and relax there. I'd like to sink my hands into the soil and stir it around. Last week at Menards I couldn't help but buy some seeds - Blue Lake bush beans, mammoth sunflowers (which I will cover with a net until they get too big for the deer to devour), nantes carrots, jack-o-lantern pumpkins, and Big Max pumpkins. Today I transplanted my coleus survivors. Last fall, just before the first freeze, I cut many slips off my coleus plants and stuck them in water. After they rooted, I stuck them in soil that I put into some of those 6-pack annual containers I saved from the spring. I've had them under a grow light and today I transplanted them into bigger pots. Less than half of my slips survived but that is okay because I don't have room for any more than I have now.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...