Saturday, January 10, 2009

Taboo - Saddam Hussein


I am still cleaning up the house after the holidays. I find things out of place all over the house. I find marbles on the carpeting, marbles in the bathroom, marbles in the laundry room. I swear, I never knew we had so many marbles. Besides marbles, I am also finding cards from our Taboo game. Do you know the game Taboo? Each Taboo card has a topic or word at the top and then a list of 5 words you cannot use in getting others to guess your word. The Taboo card in the bathroom is about Saddam Hussein. I think it's obvious that the game is old because the five words you cannot use for Saddam are these: Iraq, Baghdad, Dictator, Kuwait, and Gulf War. Some of these words are still appropriate. Iraq and Dictator still seem to fit but the other three are questionable in my mind. What words could I put in their place to make the card more current? How about Ba'ath, executed and spider hole?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...