Sunday, January 18, 2009

Table Part 1


I just finished a project today that I started the day after Thanksgiving. I have truly enjoyed this task. I spent many happy hours absorbed on this little table. I was so absorbed I would loose all sense of time. The table belonged to my son - a gift from his Grandmother. Originally it was a blond wood coffee table, about 2 feet square and a foot high. I can picture it being a popular item back in the 1950's. Although uglynow, the table was in good shape. Someone tried to stain it darker but the stain didn't take over the varnish. I decided to add a glass mosaic design. This fall I took a community education glass on glass mosaic. I sanded down the table and painted the legs and rim with a glossy black paint. I chose a design I found on the Internet. To fill the space on the table top, I had to enlarge the design. I drew a grid on my design and another grid on a large piece of blank newsprint I had laying around. I copied the design, grid by grid, onto the larger piece of paper.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...