Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Day Of Firsts


Today was a day of first. It was the first day this week I could sleep in. Could have, but didn't. Dang robin sang outside my window at 4:48 a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep. Today was the first day this season I hung my sheets to dry on the line. I love the smell and feel of fresh air sheets. The sun projected my shadow on the laundry as I hung them up. Today was the first day my neighbor burned his stash of branches. Why is the day I hang my laundry out the same day as he burns? Today was the first day I got groceries on the motorcycle this year. Love those saddle bags! Today was the first day I planted this year - some yellow day lilies that a fellow birding student gave me. And today was the first time this year I tasted rhubarb.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...