Friday, May 29, 2009

Looking for Book Suggestions


I am looking for book suggestions. In June, it will be my turn to present books to my book club. We can have fiction or non-fiction. I can present as many books as I want. The only thing about the book that the club insists on is that the book be available in paperback. I already made that mistake once so I'm not about to make it again. Do you have any ideas? Please let me know! I am open to suggestions. Here is what I have tentatively planned to offer: "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair, "Thinking in Pictures" by Temple Grandin, "Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse, "The Last River Rat" by Kenny Salway and J. Scott Bestul, and "Sinkiller" by Larry McMurtry. I'm not including one of my favorite authors, Barbara Kingsolver, on purpose. Last time we reviewed one of her books, some book club members didn't like her writing style or content and I found myself getting upset with them.

1 comment:

Kathleen Riley said...

Temple Grandin and Upton Sinclair both look like good options.

How about one of these:

Love in the time of Cholera
The Kite Runner
The Life of Pi
Atonement
1984
Naked Lunch
Who is Man

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...