Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'd Be Glad To Do It

I was busy today updating in Word and Excel. A coworker came to my office and said, "I really hate to bother you but I'm not sure what to do. We need this bundle of clothes to be run out to the Holiday store on Foley and 101st. I just didn't know who else to ask."
I immediately kick off my shoes and start putting on my boots while saying, "Are you kidding? I'd be glad to run them out there." Who wouldn't want a break from paperwork? Who wouldn't want to be paid to ride my motorcycle through the beautiful weather to deliver a small bundle? The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the air was perfumed with the smell of lilacs and crab apple blossoms. Do I have a great job or what?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...